...because there is a little country living in all of us



Monday, January 21, 2013

Calling All My Blogging Friends...

Hello!  How are you doing?  I have some big, big news to share with you!  Alexandra (my youngest sister who made me that fabulous apron for my birthday!) just announced that she is moving to Tanzania in Africa!  She has heard the Lord's calling and has answered!  Being a Special Education teacher, she will move there in August to aid in the development of Special Education programs in village schools where there currently are none.




Leaving all that is familiar behind and taking this huge leap of faith to help in Africa, she admits that she is nervous, but she moves forward within the Lord's will so she need not be afraid.  I am very proud of her for being so brave, but a little sad to say good-bye as well! 




Because she is volunteering there and will have to leave her job here behind, she will be furiously saving and raising funds.  We came up with a fun project that we think might help her.  We are putting together a cookbook!  But we need lots and lots of recipes, and even between all my extended family and friends, we can't gather enough recipes to fill it, so I am coming to you for help (she doesn't know it yet!)  How neat to have recipes compiled together from many different places in one book.  What do you think?  Would you be willing to pull a favorite recipe from your stash and share it for our cookbook?


It is very easy to pass along your favorite recipe, simply go to cookbookfundraiser.com.


Under contributor:  Type your name.

Under email:  Type your email.

Under username:  Type matthewseventeentwenty

 Under password:  Type goodfood


Next, just find and click on the Add a New Recipe linkand it is very self-explanatory from there.  Please feel free to add as many recipes as you like!  The more the merrier!  We will be selling these cookbooks later right here in my online shop.




I would like to THANK YOU very much for helping us!  Please let me give back a small token in return to show my appreciation!  We all love antique linens so how about one large French monogrammed tea towel to one of you?  Simply go add a recipe then come back here to let me know which delicious one you added.  Giveaway ends February 1.  I will select one winner by random.  Want more chances?  Just add more recipes and leave a comment for each one.


On another note,  I also want to thank Jennifer Rizzo for nominating our Christmas home as one of the top twelve finalists for her 2013 Holiday House Walk!  If you have a free moment head on over to her blog and check out the other finalists.  Wow, so much talent and inspiration there!




Well, that should do it for me!  I'll leave you to go through your recipes and thank you, thank you, thank you again!




Maria ~Rusty Hinge




Note:  Due to Blogger difficulties, I lost all of the previous comments on this post.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Please feel free to resubmit your comments!



29 comments:

  1. What is going on with Blogger?! I lost my whole blog last week, which has been very disheartening and frustrating....

    anyways, I'm so happy for good souls like you're sister. and for you too that you're helping her get there. I would be honored to help out. xo

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice that you're doing this for Alex! I know she appreciates your help! I entered YOUR favorite soup: Pea Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added my recipe for Brownie Bites! This is such a great idea!

    Jillian at www.myboulangerie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also added my recipe for Sour Cream & Orange Muffins.

    Jillian at www.myboulangerie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun idea! Good Luck to your sister and to your cookbook! I submitted the Alternative Pancake Recipe.

    Thank you so much and have a great week!

    ~Katherine Bell

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea for fundraising for your sister. I can't wait to see the finished product. I contributed a recipe I call Cowboy Caviar. It is a crowd pleaser. Best wishes on your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left a recipe for pie dough just now! this is a great fundraiser you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just added another recipe for "Summer Salad".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will pray for your sister in her educational journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your prayers and your support!!! It truly means so much to me!!! -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added a recipe for chocolate peppermint cookies to the Christmas category!

    Jillian at www.myboulangerie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just added FOUR new recipes: Marinated Chicken, Spinach Breakfast Casserole, Make ahead potatoes, Sweet 'n Sour Meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added my recipe for Loaded Banana Oat Muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I added another family favorite: Deep Dish Pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, I loved the idea of this project as soon as I read it and I rushed to put on my recipe. Hope you like it. It's called White Mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Maria. This is wonderful! I love that your sister felt this call and has obeyed. God bless her abundantly over and over and all that she comes in contact with in Africa.

    I did leave one recipe for Southern Baked Beans. I am hoping to leave more later but have to go to our homeschool co-op and have no more time this morning. This is a fantastic idea.

    Am I correct that the name of the cookbook will be Move the Mountains or something to that effect? How awesome if it is! I just have to tell you that I just shared on my facebook a few days ago how thankful I am that God is the Mover of Mountains. He has moved mountains in my heart and life over and over.

    Have a blessed day. Amy Kinser

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you again to everyone who has entered so far!!!! And because this is a blog, I thought I'd also mention that there is a spot to enter in your amazing DIY things...Like maybe an amazing stain remover, or homemade air freshener, etc....Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. One more - Pork-Apple Bake. It's a delicious dish to serve when you have company! Add potatoes and a vegetable and you have a wonderful meal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the recipe book project. I added corn and crab bisque to one pot wonders. A little Cajun flair for the cookbook, this recipe is so delicious on a cold day and is actually very simple. Looking forward to the cookbook reveal. Also congrats on the holiday home tour spot for next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I entered my favorite soup: butternut squash. Healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I entered 4 new recipes to the cookbook: Chicken Tretrazzini, Pan Burritos, Christmas Punch, Chow Mein Casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh, I forgot one: Ham balls with sweet and sour sauce. Yummy! So many people adding wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I added Chicken Salad today. This is a great salad to serve at a baby or wedding shower!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Today I added 5 new recipes: Blonde Brownies, Party Chicken, Spicy Apple-Glazed Meatballs, Peanut Clusters and a recipe for homemade laundry soap.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this sounds like a wonderful book!! When can we order? I added an easy mac and cheese that my kids LOVE!!! We never have enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I added 24 recipes. My famous e Potluck Surprise of course and my dump cake. It took me a long time but you know I would do anything for my friend Alex. Maybe she could leave her quilt here with you since it will be hot in Africa and she won't need it there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I entered a few more recipes -two of which are great to serve at Christmas: Pecan Tassies and Almond Brittle.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, I know the February deadline has passed but I left a recipe for Ivory Cream anyway. Good luck on your fundraising efforts, and to your sister, what a wonderful experience she is about to undertake. God bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH how simply wonderful! Our eldest is going to South Africa this summer to work in an orphanage that our church helps support! After being ill all week long I'm finally well enough to get on here and include some recipes. I started with 8 of our families favorite... most of them tributes to my Grandma Rose. A sweet woman who loved the Lord mightily and had a heart for the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria